- Surf Life Saving Australia reinforces breadth of services to Parliamentary Friends more
- Bronze Bay eLearning & Videos more
- Currumbin Beach Vikings SLSC wins 2014 National Pool Rescue title more
- Australian Life Saving Team hits the pool ahead of World Championships more
The Australian Lifeguard Service (National) takes on the umbrella role of aligning the state centres, however, nationally we do not operate any lifeguard services. The states are the operational arms of the ALS and provide the day to day running of services within their state.
ALS (State) Roles
- Operate lifeguard services
- Deliver training and education
- Recruitment, employment and conditions
- State based marketing and selling of products and services
- State regulations
Although the ALS aligns as many operational systems, policies and programs nationally as possible, each state still has the ability to operate some of these specific to their state. In some cases the size of the state or state regulations dictate this.
For more information about a specific state click on the relevant state below:here.