- State Operations
- Surf Life Saving Australia a Frontrunner in Smartphone App Development more
- Surf Life Saving Australia commences new recognition program, Rescue of the Month more
- Surf Rescue Magazine 2013-14 now available more
- DHL celebrates 10 years of supporting Surf Life Saving with an exhibition of iconic original images of inspiring volunteers more
The Australian Lifeguard Service (National) takes on the umbrella role of aligning the state centres, however, nationally we do not operate any lifeguard services. The states are the operational arms of the ALS and provide the day to day running of services within their state.
ALS (State) Roles
- Operate lifeguard services
- Deliver training and education
- Recruitment, employment and conditions
- State based marketing and selling of products and services
- State regulations
Although the ALS aligns as many operational systems, policies and programs nationally as possible, each state still has the ability to operate some of these specific to their state. In some cases the size of the state or state regulations dictate this.
For more information about a specific state click on the relevant state in the left hand menu.