- Aussies rescue bid falls short despite seven gold as Youth Team completes clean sweep more
- Aussies Surf Rescue “Double-Double Gold” Closes The Gap On The Kiwis more
- Aussies circling Black Fins after SERC silver at Montpellier more
- Aussies Will Have To Fight Them On The Beaches To Win Back Lifesaving Crown more
The Australian Lifeguard Service (National) takes on the umbrella role of aligning the state centres, however, nationally we do not operate any lifeguard services. The states are the operational arms of the ALS and provide the day to day running of services within their state.
ALS (State) Roles
- Operate lifeguard services
- Deliver training and education
- Recruitment, employment and conditions
- State based marketing and selling of products and services
- State regulations
Although the ALS aligns as many operational systems, policies and programs nationally as possible, each state still has the ability to operate some of these specific to their state. In some cases the size of the state or state regulations dictate this.
For more information about a specific state click on the relevant state below:here.