- Lifejackets in all IRB Operations mandated from 1 October 2014 more
- Have your say - help us improve participation opportunities in Surf Life Saving more
- Aussies rescue bid falls short despite seven gold as Youth Team completes clean sweep more
- Aussies Surf Rescue “Double-Double Gold” Closes The Gap On The Kiwis more
The Australian Lifeguard Service Queensland (ALSQ) is built on the resources of its people, both permanent and casual staff who work hand-in-hand with the extensive voluntary network that has effectively patrolled Queensland's beaches since 1930.
The ALSQ is contracted to 15 local government authorities and corporations, patrolling 79 services along the entire coast of Queensland.
These services are located in five regions:
- North Queensland Region (Port Douglas to Mission Beach)
- Townsville Region (Forrest Beach to Bowen)
- Mackay Region (Eimeo to Sarina)
- Wide Bay Capricorn Region (Emu Park to Hervey Bay)
- South East Queensland Region (Rainbow Beach to North Stradbroke Island)