- Australian Life Saving team takes swimming’s golden touch to World Titles more
- Trial confirms top athletes for 2014/15 Series more
- Surf Life Saving legends pay a visit to Lindisfarne Anglican Grammar School more
- Surf Life Saving Australia reinforces vinegar as best practice in treatment of tropical marine stinger envenomation (stings) more
The Australian Lifeguard Service Queensland (ALSQ) is built on the resources of its people, both permanent and casual staff who work hand-in-hand with the extensive voluntary network that has effectively patrolled Queensland's beaches since 1930.
The ALSQ is contracted to 15 local government authorities and corporations, patrolling 79 services along the entire coast of Queensland.
These services are located in five regions:
- North Queensland Region (Port Douglas to Mission Beach)
- Townsville Region (Forrest Beach to Bowen)
- Mackay Region (Eimeo to Sarina)
- Wide Bay Capricorn Region (Emu Park to Hervey Bay)
- South East Queensland Region (Rainbow Beach to North Stradbroke Island)